Cut the ciabatta into 3 x 1cm slices per serving being made. Peel and cut the raw beetroots into small wedges. Roughly chop the walnuts. Finely chop the fresh flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Heat the grill to high. Arrange the ciabatta slices in a single layer on a baking tray.
- 2 Grill for 1-2 minutes each side until toasted and golden.
- 3 Rub each slice with the cut side of a garlic clove and leave to cool.
- 4 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6/ (180°C for fan ovens).
- 5 Put the beetroot in a roasting tin and toss with the olive oil and thyme leaves; season well.
- 6 Roast for 25 minutes, then remove from the oven.
- 7 Add the walnuts to the beetroot and return to the oven for 5 minutes. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 8 Meanwhile, make the dressing for the beetroot topping: whisk the sherry vinegar, walnut oil, mustard and honey together. Pour over the beetroot.
- 9 Spoon the beetroot mix over the ciabatta slices, sprinkle with flat-leaf parsley and top with Pecorino shavings.
Excellent, made as a starter for friends and everyone loved it
- Average per serving
- Calories 200.0kCal