Finely chop the garlic cloves. Chop the onions. Chop the celery. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese.
- 1 Heat the oil and half the butter in a large, heavy-based frying pan. Add the onion, celery and garlic to the pan and cook over a gentle heat for 6-8 minutes, until soft.
- 2 Increase the heat slightly and stir through the rice, coating it with the oil and butter. Cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring, until the grains begin to look translucent (be careful not to brown the rice).
- 3 Pour in the wine – which should sizzle from the heat of the pan - and simmer for 1 minute.
- 4 Keeping the stock on a low heat, add a ladleful and cook, stirring with a wooden spoon, until absorbed. Continue adding, allowing each ladleful to be absorbed before adding the next.
- 5 After about 20 minutes, once most of the stock has been added, the rice should be al dente - if it's too firm, add another ladle of stock and cook for several minutes.
- 6 Remove from the heat, stir in the cheese and the remaining butter, and season to taste.
- 7 Stand for 1 minute before serving.
- Average per serving
- Calories 603.25kCal