Remove outer leaves and half lengthways the little gem lettuces. Peel and finely chop the onions.
- 1 Heat the butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 2 When it starts to foam, add the onion and fry for 3-4 mins or until softened.
- 3 Pour the stock into the pan, then add the lettuce and cook (on a low simmer) for 8-10 min or until the lettuce is just beginning to wilt.
- 4 Add the petit pois and mint, and cook for another 2 mins.
- 5 Use a slotted spoon to remove the vegetables from the stock.
- 6 Serve hot.
Easy and tasty veggie side dish. No adjustments to recipe needed.
Surely calories are wrong here? I ask in hope..
- Average per serving
- Calories 443.0kCal