Halve, stone and thinly slice the plums. Soften the butter.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Butter a 20cm cake tin and dust with a little flour, shaking out the excess.
- 3 Reserve 1 tbsp sugar, and beat the rest with the butter in a large bowl, until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg.
- 4 Sift together the flour and baking powder, and fold into the mixture with the ground almonds.
- 5 Gently stir in the buttermilk, then spoon the mixture into the tin and smooth the surface.
- 6 Arrange the plums on top in a single layer and sprinkle over the remaining sugar.
- 7 Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- 8 Serve with fresh cream.
(I used pears instead of plums) this cake is super delicious and it was easy to make thanks to the simple recipe :-) I usually don't bake but wanted to try and the result was fantastic! This cake is tasty, and it keeps fresh for days without drying out :-)
Tastes great but despite thinly slicing the plums they still sunk. Visually it looked nowhere near as beautiful as the pic
- Average per serving
- Calories 301.0kCal