Slice the garlic cloves. Cut each of the red onions into 8 wedges. Peel, deseed and cut the butternut squash into chunks.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the oil in a large, non-stick roasting tin and heat over a medium hob. Add the chicken thighs and cook for 3-4 minutes on one side, until golden.
- 3 Turn and cook for a further 2-3 minutes. Remove from the tin and set aside.
- 4 Add the onions and squash to the tin and cook, turning occasionally, for 5-6 minutes, until golden.
- 5 Add the garlic and cook for a further 1 minute.
- 6 Return the chicken to the tin and scatter with the thyme. Season, then transfer to the oven and roast for 40 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- 7 Put the roasting tin over a low heat on the hob and stir in the crème fraîche and chicken stock. Bubble for 2 minutes, then serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 285.0kCal