Peel and grate the carrots.
- 1 Heat the oven to 150°C/300°F/gas 2 (130°C for fan ovens). Brush a loaf tin with vegetable oil and line the base with greaseproof paper.
- 2 In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs with the oil and sugar, then stir in the carrots and poppy seeds.
- 3 Sift in the flour, a pinch of salt, baking powder and mixed spice. Mix well and pour into the tin.
- 4 Level the surface and bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Turn the loaf onto a wire rack to cool.
- 5 Spoon the soft cheese into a bowl and beat until smooth.
- 6 Fold in the marmalade, then spread it thickly over the top of the cake. Slice and serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 575.0kCal