Chop the onions. Trim and chop the leeks. Chop the celery sticks. Peel and chop the medium potatoes. Trim and cut the medium cauliflowers into small florets. Finely chop the flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens). Put the garlic cloves in a small roasting tin and roast for 25 minutes until really soft. Set aside once ready, but move on to the next step while you wait.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion, leek, celery and potato. Cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes until softened.
- 3 Add the cauliflower and stock, then bring to a simmer. Season, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 4 Remove the garlic flesh from the skins and add to the soup. Using an electric handheld blender, purée until smooth.
- 5 Adjust the seasoning to taste and gently reheat. Stir in the cream and parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
- Average per serving
- Calories 172.0kCal