Chop the onions. Trim and chop the medium leeks. Chop the celery sticks. Peel and chop the potatoes. Trim and cut the cauliflower into small florets. Finely chop the flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens). Put the garlic cloves in a small roasting tin and roast for 25 minutes until really soft. Set aside once ready, but move on to the next step while you wait.
- 2 Meanwhile, heat the butter in a large saucepan and add the onion, leek, celery and potato. Cook over a gentle heat for 10 minutes until softened.
- 3 Add the cauliflower and stock, then bring to a simmer. Season, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes until the cauliflower is tender. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 4 Remove the garlic flesh from the skins and add to the soup. Using an electric handheld blender, purée until smooth.
- 5 Adjust the seasoning to taste and gently reheat. Stir in the cream and parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
- Average per serving
- Calories 172.0kCal