Grate the Parmesan cheese. Finely grate the mature Cheddar. Dice and chill the unsalted butter. Drain the sundried tomatoes in oil on kitchen paper and finely chop them.
- 1 Put the flour, polenta, cheeses, butter, paprika and a little freshly ground black pepper in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 2 Add the tomatoes and pulse again for 10 seconds.
- 3 Add the ice-cold water and pulse again to bring the dough together.
- 4 Tip onto a lightly floured work surface and knead lightly.
- 5 Divide into two and shape each piece into a log, roughly 5cm wide. Wrap each log in cling-film and chill in the fridge for 2 hours until firm.
- 6 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens). Line baking sheets with baking parchment.
- 7 Brush each log with milk, then roll in the black onion seeds to coat.
- 8 Slice the logs into rounds roughly 5mm thick and arrange on baking sheets.
- 9 Bake for 15-20 minutes until golden. Leave to cool.
- Average per serving
- Calories 105.0kCal