Remove the skin from the chicken thighs (on the bone). Peel and cube the potatoes. Finely chop the large onions. Drain the tinned sweetcorn. Chop the parsley.
- 1 Put the chicken thighs into a large saucepan with the potato, onion, water and bouquet garni (or mixed herbs). Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 2 Remove the thighs from the pan and allow them to cool enough to handle.
- 3 Cut away and discard the bone, chop the chicken and return to the pan.
- 4 Add the sweetcorn, chicken stock and parsley and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- 5 Before serving, check the seasoning and add black pepper if required.