Pit the dates. Break into squares the 85% cocoa solids dark chocolate. Shake the Super Berry Smoothie.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Scatter the nuts over a large baking tray, then toast in the oven for 10 minutes, stirring halfway through.
- 3 Cool completely.
- 4 Meanwhile, cover the dates with boiling water and soak for 5 minutes.
- 5 Grease and line a 25 x 18cm brownie tin or small roasting tin with baking parchment.
- 6 Drain the dates and press out the excess water.
- 7 Melt the chocolate in a microwave in 20-second bursts until smooth.
- 8 Put the dates into a food processor, add the chocolate and the oil, and whizz until smooth and thick.
- 9 Add 100g of the nuts and pulse briefly to chop.
- 10 Stir in the desiccated coconut, and smooth the mixture into the tin.
- 11 Chill while you make the nut butter.
- 12 Add the remaining nuts and a pinch of salt to the cleaned processor.
- 13 Whizz for 3 minutes, or until smooth and creamy.
- 14 Smooth the nut butter over the chocolate base, then freeze for 1 hour.
- 15 Pour the smoothie evenly over the frozen nut butter.
- 16 Scatter with the berries and freeze for 4 hours or until solid.
- 17 Place in the fridge 20 minutes before serving, so that the layers soften up a little, then slice to serve.
- 18 This will keep in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
25g of fat :0
- Average per serving
- Calories 502.0kCal