Chill and dice the unsalted butter. Cut the chorizo into bite-size pieces. Slice the courgettes. Cut the red chillis into wedges. Peel and cut the butternut squash into bite-size pieces. Crumble the goat's cheese.
For the Pastry
For the Filling
And the rest...
- 1 Put the flour, a pinch of salt and the butter in a food processor and pulse until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- 2 Add the cold water and pulse again until the dough starts to come together.
- 3 Form into a ball with your hands, flatten into a disc, cover with cling-film and chill in the fridge for 1 hour. Move on to the next steps while you wait.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens).
- 5 Put the squash, chorizo, onion and unpeeled garlic cloves in a roasting tray. Drizzle with olive oil and season.
- 6 Roast for 20 minutes.
- 7 Add the courgette and cook for 10 minutes.
- 8 Remove the veg and chorizo from the tin, draining off as much oil as possible. Leave to cool slightly.
- 9 Squeeze the garlic from the skin and mash in a bowl with half of the goat’s cheese.
- 10 Divide the pastry into even pieces, allowing one piece per serving being made, and roll each out into a 16cm disc.
- 11 Spread the cheese mixture into the middle of each disc and top with the squash and chorizo mix.
- 12 Crumble over the remaining goat’s cheese (optional), then fold the pastry edges around the filling.
- 13 Brush the pastry with milk and cook for 15-20 minutes until the pastry is golden.
- Average per serving
- Calories 585.0kCal