Slice the spring onions. Peel and cut the waxy potatoes into equal-sized chunks. Chop the flat-leaf parsley. Melt the butter. Slice the chorizo.
- 1 Heat the grill to high.
- 2 Grill the corn cob for 10-12 minutes, turning 2-3 times then set aside to cool. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 3 Meanwhile, parboil the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes, depending on size, until slightly soft at the edges but still firm. Drain and set aside until cool enough to handle.
- 4 Coarsely grate the potatoes into a bowl.
- 5 Stand the corn cob on one end and use a sharp knife to slice down between the kernels and the cob to remove all the kernels. Mix with the grated potato and season well.
- 6 Stir in the spring onions, flour, two-thirds of the parsley and half the butter.
- 7 Divide the mixture equally into 2 balls per person, then flatten each one into a cake. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- 8 Heat the remaining butter and oil in a large frying pan. Cook the potato cakes over a gentle heat for 3-5 minutes each side or until golden then transfer to warmed serving plates.
- 9 Add the chorizo slices to the frying pan and cook for 2 minutes each side.
- 10 Arrange the chorizo over the rostis, then shave the cheese using a potato peeler and scatter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.
- Average per serving
- Calories 480.0kCal