Zest and juice the limes. Coarsely grate the small courgettes. Soften the butter. Sift the icing sugar. Zest the limes.
- 1 Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Line a 900ml loaf tin with greaseproof paper.
- 3 In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, oil, yogurt and vanilla extract.
- 4 Stir in the lime zest and juice, and the grated courgette.
- 5 Then sift in the flour and baking powder.
- 6 Reserve 2 tbsp pistachios, and fold through the remainder until well combined.
- 7 Spoon into the loaf tin.
- 8 Bake for 45-50 minutes or until well risen, golden brown and springy to the touch.
- 9 Cool slightly in the tin, then turn out on to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 10 For the frosting, beat together the cream cheese and butter with the lime zest.
- 11 Beat in the icing sugar to form a smooth frosting, but take care not to over-beat, otherwise the mixture will become runny.
- 12 When the loaf has cooled completely, spread over the frosting.
- 13 Coarsely chop the reserved nuts and sprinkle over, to decorate.
Very easy recipe and loved by all, even my very fussy husband. The frosting made far too much for loaf but didn't waste it, put it on some fairy cakes. Have just used the recipe and made muffins with it , it made 17 but I am very generous when filling so could make more. Definitely a firm favourite from now on. Plenty of frosting for them.
10/10 delicious, moist & gone in 60 seconds! Great alternative to a carrot cake! I did cook for longer then instructed as it was quite a wet mixture.
- Average per serving
- Calories 764.0kCal