Finely chop the garlic cloves. Slice the mixed mushroom. Finely slice the shallots. Finely grate the Parmesan cheese. Slice the buffalo mozzarella.
- 1 Pour just-boiled water over the porcini mushrooms to cover. Set aside.
- 2 Heat half of the olive oil in a frying pan. Fry half the mixed mushrooms for 5 minutes until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- 3 Heat the remaining oil and fry the remaining mushrooms for 5 minutes again until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- 4 Reduce the heat, add 1/3 of the butter to the pan, then add the shallots and cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- 5 Stir in the garlic, 3/4 of the thyme and the mixed mushrooms. Increase the heat, pour in the wine and bubble for 2-3 minutes.
- 6 Strain the porcini mushrooms and remove any grit. Add to the pan with the soaking liquid, then simmer for 2-3 minutes to reduce the liquid.
- 7 Melt the remaining butter in a saucepan, stir in the flour to make a paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- 8 Gradually pour in the milk, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 9 Gently bring to the boil, then stir in the cream and half the Parmesan. Season to taste.
- 10 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 11 Add half the sauce to the mushrooms and mix well.
- 12 Spoon 1/3 of the mushroom mixture into one lightly buttered 1.5-2 litre ovenproof dish per lasagne.
- 13 Top with 1/3 of the lasagne sheets and repeat twice.
- 14 Pour over the remaining sauce, top with the slice mozzarella, the remaining Parmesan and thyme, and season with black pepper.
- 15 Bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling and cooked through.
- Average per serving
- Calories 490.0kCal