Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Lightly crush the black peppercorns. Zest the whole lemon and slice 4 wedges from the unwaxed lemons.
- 1 Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- 2 Pat the chickpeas dry with kitchen paper.
- 3 In a large baking tray toss them with the olive oil and season to taste.
- 4 Roast the chickpeas in the oven for 25 - 30 mins, or until crunchy.
- 5 Add the spices to the tray for the last 5 mins and stir well to coat thoroughly.
- 6 Transfer to a bowl and stir through the lemon zest.
- 7 Serve while warm with the lemon wedges.
- 8 You could also try - crushed coriander and cumin or fennel seeds.
- Average per serving
- Calories 188.0kCal