Skin the duck breasts. Halve and stone the plums. Peel and cut the root ginger into matchsticks. Roughly chop the fresh mint.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 In a small, ovenproof frying pan, heat 1 tbsp of the oil.
- 3 Season the duck breasts and fry for 2-3 minutes each side, until starting to brown.
- 4 Transfer to the oven for a further 15 minutes, then remove and set aside.
- 5 Meanwhile, sit the plums, cut-side up, in a small roasting tin with the star anise. Drizzle over the port and soy sauce.
- 6 Roast for 10-15 minutes, adding a splash of water to the tin if it becomes dry. Set aside.
- 7 Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and refresh under cold water.
- 8 Heat the remaining oil in a small frying pan and fry the ginger for 2 minutes, until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
- 9 Toss the noodles with the herbs and rocket. Divide among 4 serving plates and add the plums.
- 10 Slice the duck breasts and arrange on top with the fried ginger, then spoon over any pan juices from the plums.
It’s delicious recipe!
Made smaller plates as a starter. Very tasty.
- Average per serving
- Calories 334.0kCal