And the rest...
- 1 Rinse the rice several times until the water runs clear. Add to a medium pan along with 250ml of cold water, sugar and a pinch of salt.
- 2 Cover and bring to the boil; once boiling turn down to a simmer and leave for 15 minutes or until all the water has absorbed, being sure not to stir the rice.
- 3 Once the rice is cooked, remove the lid and stir in the almond milk and vanilla bean paste. Give it a good mix, spread out onto a clean baking tray and leave to cool.
- 4 Prepare the fruit by peeling the kiwi and cutting into 1 cm slices and then into 1cm lengths. Slice the skin from the pineapple and cut into 1 cm long strips, stopping when you get to the tough core.
- 5 .Peel the skin off the mango and use a veg peeler to get long thin strips of mango. Finally, quarter the strawberries and place all the fruit on a large plate for later.
- 6 If you have a sushi mat then lay it down followed by a piece of cling film slightly larger than the mat. If you don’t have a mat then cut a 10x15cm rectangle of cling film.
- 7 Spread an even layer of rice across the mat, leaving a 3cm gap at the side furthest from you (the bottom). Having cold wet hands will help here.
- 8 Lay a thin straight layer of kiwi and strawberries 3cms from the side closest to you (the top).
- 9 Roll slowly and tightly, making sure you’re moving the cling film as you go. Keep going until all the cling film is used and you have a perfect roll. Place the roll seam side down, slice with a sharp knife and put in the fridge to chill.
- 10 .Start all over again with another layer of rice, but this time fill it with pineapple and lime zest. Once rolled, dip in the toasted coconut, slice and chill once again.
- 11 For a third variety, overlap the mango in a single layer over the cling film before you add the rice. Top the mango with the rice, fill with strawberries and pineapple, roll tightly and slice.
- 12 Tip: Serve with blended raspberries for an extra treat, as a dipping sauce.
And the rest...
- Average per serving
- Calories 278.0kCal