Finely chop the onions. Chop the fresh flat-leaf parsley. Finely chop the garlic cloves.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan. Season the meatballs, add to the pan and brown all over.
- 2 Remove and set aside. Discard all but 1 tbsp of the oil.
- 3 Add the onion and garlic to the pan, season and cook for 5 minutes.
- 4 Add the vinegar, wine, sugar, chopped tomatoes, tomato purée and spices.
- 5 Return the meatballs to the pan, check the seasoning and cook over a low heat for 30 minutes.
- 6 Remove the cloves.
- 7 Garnish with parsley and serve with long-grain rice and a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- Average per serving
- Calories 350.0kCal