For the marinade, pick leaves from 2 of the rosemary stalks. Roughly chop the garlic cloves. Remove the pips and roughly chop the unwaxed lemons.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Blitz all the ingredients for the marinade in a food processor, until just smooth.
- 3 With a sharp knife, cut small incisions all over the lamb.
- 4 Put it in a roasting dish and rub with the marinade.
- 5 Pick the sprigs from the remaining rosemary stalk and push into the incisions.
- 6 Cover with foil and chill overnight.
- 7 Remove the lamb from the fridge 30 mins before cooking.
- 8 Roast, covered with foil, for 1½ hours, basting every 30 mins.
- 9 Remove the foil and cook for another hour.
- 10 Transfer from the oven and rest, covered, for 30 mins before serving.
- Average per serving
- Calories 344.0kCal