Quarter the ripe figs. Halve the St Clement’s hot cross buns.
- 1 Place the figs skin-side down in a baking dish and drizzle over the honey. Roast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, or until the figs start to soften.
- 2 Meanwhile, whisk together the eggs, milk and a pinch of salt in a bowl.
- 3 Put the hot cross bun halves in a shallow dish, and pour over the egg mixture. Leave to soak for a minute, then turn the buns over and soak for 1 minute more.
- 4 Put the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat.
- 5 When it starts to foam, place the buns in the pan.
- 6 Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side, until golden brown.
- 7 Transfer to 2 plates.
- 8 Dust with icing sugar, then top with the figs, a dollop of crème fraîche and a drizzle of honey.
Delicious! I substituted plums for the figs and it worked really well.
Warming, spicy and fantastic. This dish was a real treat.
Had for pudding tonight! Really really tasty.
- Average per serving
- Calories 454.0kCal