Beat the eggs. Mince the garlic cloves. Finely chop the red onions. Chop the mint leaves. Toast the pine nut.
- 1 Preheat oven to 180C.
- 2 Heat up olive oil in a saucepan over a medium heat.
- 3 Add the onions and garlic, and fry until the onions start to soften and caramelise.
- 4 Remove from the heat and leave to cool.
- 5 In a large bowl, combine the lamb mince, toasted pine nuts, mint, spices and salt, along with the cooled onions and garlic. Mix until well combined.
- 6 Lay the puff pastry sheet flat on a floured work surface.
- 7 Cut the sheet in half lengthways.
- 8 Divide the meat mixture into two halves, then roll each half into a log shape and lay along the middle of each pastry strip.
- 9 Brush the exposed pastry with beaten egg using a pastry brush, then fold one side of the pastry over to enclose the log.
- 10 Press down where the two edges of the pastry overlap with the back of a fork to seal, and trim if necessary.
- 11 Using a sharp knife, cut the logs into small rolls – approximately 4cm wide each.
- 12 Transfer to a lined baking tray.
- 13 Brush each roll with egg wash, sprinkle with sesame seeds and place in the oven.
- 14 Bake for 20-25 minutes or until crisp, golden and cooked through.
- 15 Best served warm.
- Average per serving
- Calories 145.0kCal