Beat the eggs. Crumble the feta. Reserve 40ml oil from the jar and roughly chop the roasted peppers from a jar. Reserving a few to garnish, roughly chop the cherry tomatoes. Finely chop the leaves and stalks of the fresh parsley.
- 1 Heat the oven to 170°C/150°C fan/gas 3.
- 2 Line a 6 deep-hole muffin tray with cases.
- 3 Sieve the flour, bicarbonate of soda and sea salt into a large bowl.
- 4 Make a well in the middle and fold in the vinegar, milk, egg and sumac, until just combined.
- 5 Stir in the feta, peppers, oil, tomatoes and parsley, and mix it so the ingredients are just combined – if you overwork it, it will become heavy when baked.
- 6 Divide the mixture evenly among the cases and top each with a slice of tomato.
- 7 Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown.
- 8 Cool slightly on a wire rack, then serve warm or at room temperature with a dollop of Greek yogurt, if liked.
- 9 (The muffins can be frozen once cool. Freeze in freezer bags and defrost the night before you want to eat them for a quick breakfast on the go.)
Lovely and fluffy! Really good advice just to fold in the ingredients- these muffins work & taste & look good. Thank you!
- Average per serving
- Calories 307.0kCal