Halve and stone the plums. Chop the fresh thyme.
- 1 Toss the pork in the flour, ginger and a pinch of salt to lightly dust and season all over, heat the oil in a small shallow pan.
- 2 Add the steaks, letting them cook undisturbed for 2 minutes on each side until golden brown, slightly crusty. Remove and keep warm.
- 3 Pour the fruit juice into the hot pan.
- 4 Using a wooden spatula, stir well, scraping any tasty pan sediment loose.
- 5 Add the plums, cut side up and the thyme, leave to gently simmer for 5 minutes or until the plums are tender and the sauce has reduced a little.
- 6 Return the pork steaks alongside the plums and cook gently for a further 6-8 minutes, without turning.
- 7 Serve the steaks onto warmed plates, top with the plums.
- 8 Increase the heat, stir in the Balsamic vinegar and let the sauce bubble to reduce a little more.
- 9 Spoon over the plums and serve.
Recommend giving this a try. It looks impressive yet is easy to make and tastes really good!
Have made this recipe a few times, find it so easy to make, and it is so tasty
Delicious but 15 minutes is optimistic for timing ! Love the sauce
Not so difficult as I feared. And very tasty.
- Average per serving
- Calories 490.0kCal