Finely chop the garlic cloves. Half or quarter if large the Cornish new potatoes. Strip the leaves from the rosemary sprigs.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Lay the slices of Parma ham next to each other, with the long sides slightly overlapping.
- 3 Put the basil leaves on top and scatter over the garlic.
- 4 Lay the pork across the ham, then roll it up so the pork is completely enclosed, with the ends of the ham underneath.
- 5 Transfer to a roasting tin.
- 6 Arrange the potatoes around the pork and scatter over the rosemary and chilli flakes.
- 7 Season and drizzle over the oil.
- 8 Roast in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the pork juices run clear.
- 9 Slice the pork and serve with the potatoes.
Lovely flavours and very simple to make. I let the pork rest whilst I made a simple sauce from the pan juices with a glass of white wine, otherwise the dish would have been too dry.
Really tasty and really easy. Agree with previous review that it would be dry as it is so we had it with dauphinoise so can't comment on the potatoes. Also, just as easy to lay Parma ham in the roasting tin and do everything in there.
This was surprisingly quick and easy to make. It would have been 5 stars if there were a sauce to accompany it, however we made a basic sauce of creme fraiche added to the meat juices. The potatoes were delicious!
Good agree about lack of jus, I did roasted squash instead of potatoes which worked really well too.
Simple and easy to make. Didn't make a sauce and yes it was a little dry so will make a sauce next time!
Easy to make. Crème fraiche added to juice from pan makes a lovely sauce. Not dry at all.
Great tasty recipe
Really tasty and straight forward
Really easy And Tasted delicious
Delicious!! Used creme fraiche with juices from dish to make a sauce like previous review recommended, will make this again
Really tasty, quite simple steps. Would highly recommend!
Absolutely delicious! Made this yesterday instead of normal roast, very tasty indeed. Served it with a pepper sauce, but will try the creme fraiche suggestion below next time.
Top rate and super easy!
Great flavours and really easy to do, definitely needs a sauce otherwise fantastic.
My go-to recipe. Works every time I agree with the comments about sauce but have always served it with ratatouille which compliments it beautifully and gets round the dryness issue. Sprig of basil to garnish and Bon Appetit!
- Average per serving
- Calories 395.0kCal