Cut into small chunks the British outdoor-grown rhubarb. Crush the piece of ginger. Deseed and finely dice the red chillis. Juice the oranges.
- 1 Put the chutney ingredients in a saucepan.
- 2 Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until the rhubarb is soft and breaking apart – add a splash of water to loosen if it starts to stick.
- 3 Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- 4 To cook the pork, heat a frying or griddle pan over a medium-to-high heat.
- 5 Rub the pork on both sides with a little oil, and season with salt and pepper.
- 6 Sear the fat and edges of the pork, and cook on each side for 7 minutes, or until cooked through.
- 7 Transfer to a plate or board and leave to rest for about 5 minutes.
- 8 Top with rhubarb chutney, and serve with rocket and roasted new potatoes.
Chutney was easy to make and was delicious, I added more chilli to mine.
Loved the sweet and tangy nature of this dish with the pork.
- Average per serving
- Calories 524.0kCal