Remove and retain the leaves from the fresh thyme. Grate the mature Cheddar. Wash and slice the new potatoes into 5mm slices. Crush the garlic cloves. Slice the medium leeks.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the potatoes in a pan with cold water, bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes; drain. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 3 Meanwhile, beat the eggs; season well, then add the cheese. Set aside.
- 4 Heat the oil in one 25cm ovenproof frying pan per tortilla being made. Cook the leek for 5 minutes until softened.
- 5 Add the garlic and thyme; cook for 1 minute.
- 6 Stir the potatoes into the leek mixture, then level the surface. Pour over the egg mixture and cook in the oven for 15 minutes, or until set and golden.
- 7 Slice into wedges to serve.
Tasty and easy to make.
Have made this a few times now,it's super easy to make and great with pork or a salad!
- Average per serving
- Calories 390.0kCal