Peel and cut into small chunks the pumpkin or squash. Grate the garlic cloves.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5.
- 2 Put the pumpkin into a baking dish, drizzle with 2 tbsp olive oil and roast for 30 minutes.
- 3 Spread the pumpkin seeds on a baking tray and bake for 6 minutes.
- 4 Allow to cool.
- 5 For the pesto, use a pestle and mortar to work the pumpkin seeds, basil, parsley, 4 tbsp olive oil, pumpkin seed oil, garlic and a pinch of salt into a paste.
- 6 Grate 30g pecorino and stir it into the pesto with the lemon juice.
- 7 Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the pack instructions, reserving a little cooking water before draining.
- 8 Return the pasta to the pan, add the pesto and enough cooking water to loosen the mixture.
- 9 Toss through the pumpkin.
- 10 Divide among 4 serving plates and top with 20g pecorino shavings, rocket leaves and a drizzle of pumpkin seed oil.
- Average per serving
- Calories 556.0kCal