Shred the red cabbages. Cut the red onions into wedges. Chop the flat-leaf parsley.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the cabbage in a shallow dish, stir through the bramley apple, burgundy and spice paste, cover and cook for 45 minutes. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 3 After 30 minutes, prepare the sausage casserole. Heat the oil in a casserole dish and fry the sausages until lightly golden.
- 4 Add the onion, lentils and shallot, white wine and rosemary casserole paste. Add 25ml water to the pan per serving and stir (eg. for 4 servings add 100ml water). Cover and bring to a simmer.
- 5 Turn the oven down to 160°C/325°F/gas 3 (140°C for fan ovens).
- 6 Put the casserole on the shelf beneath the cabbage, and cook both for 30 minutes. Remove the casserole half way through and stir, adding a little more water if needed.
- 7 Once cooked, stir the butter through the cabbage and the parsley through the sausages. Serve with the green beans.
- Average per serving
- Calories 590.0kCal