Peel and cut the potatoes into chunks. Chop the garlic cloves. Zest the lemons.
- 1 Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 10-15 minutes until tender.
- 2 Meanwhile, place the smoked haddock in a deep frying pan and cover with water. Bring to the boil, then cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3 Drain well and set aside.
- 4 Heat a small knob of the butter in a frying pan and add the garlic clove. Cook for 30 seconds.
- 5 Drain the spinach in a sieve and press with the back of a spoon to remove any excess moisture. Roughly chop the spinach.
- 6 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 7 Mash the potatoes until smooth, then beat in the remaining butter, mustard, lemon zest and some freshly ground black pepper.
- 8 Flake the haddock, discarding the skin and bones, then gently fold into the potato, along with the spinach.
- 9 Divide the mixture into 2 pieces per serving being made and shape into cakes. Place on an oiled baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until golden. Serve with steamed broccoli spears.
- Average per serving
- Calories 315.0kCal