Very finely shred the red cabbages. Scrub and finely shred the carrots. Toast the sesame seed. Finely grate the fresh ginger. Deseed and finely chop the red chillis. Finely grate the lime zests.
For the flatbreads
- 1 Finely chop the tuna steaks (or pulse in a food processor, being careful to retain some texture).
- 2 Mix with half the lime zest, chilli, ginger and sesame oil, along with 1 tbsp soy sauce. Form into four burger-shaped patties.
- 3 Rub the tuna burgers lightly with groundnut oil.
- 4 Cook the burgers on the barbecue – or in a smoking-hot griddle or frying pan. Sear for 2-3 minutes on each side, until well-browned. It is safe to serve the burgers slightly rare in the middle.
- 5 While still hot, toss with half the sesame seeds.
- 6 Toast the pittas for 30 seconds on each side.
- 7 Toss the shredded carrots and red cabbage with the remaining sesame seeds, coriander and 2 tbsp of the dressing.
- 8 Stuff the tuna burgers into the pittas with the shredded carrot and coriander.
- 9 Serve drizzled with the remaining dressing.
For the dressing
- 10 Mix the remaining lime zest, chilli, ginger, sesame oil and soy sauce with the lime juice and honey. Set aside.