Wash and hull the strawberries. Chill the white chocolate.
- 1 Put the almonds in a heatproof bowl and pour over enough boiling water to cover. Set aside for 3-4 minutes, then drain and leave to cool.
- 2 Slip the almonds out of their skins and toast until golden. Chop and set aside.
- 3 Reserve just under half of the strawberries.
- 4 Using a fork, mash the rest with half the sugar.
- 5 Line one 900g loaf tin per semifreddo being made with clingfilm and set aside.
- 6 Grate the chocolate and reserve a little in the fridge.
- 7 Whip the cream and remaining sugar to soft peaks.
- 8 Beat the crème fraîche until smooth and fold into the cream mixture with the almonds and chocolate.
- 9 Tip the strawberries into the cream and fold through.
- 10 Spoon half the mixture into the tin and smooth the top.
- 11 Place three-quarters of the remaining strawberries, hulled end down, in a line along the centre.
- 12 Spoon over the remaining mixture and smooth the top. Cover with cling-film and freeze for at least 4 hours, or until firm.
- 13 Transfer to the fridge one hour before serving.
- 14 Turn out onto a serving plate and remove the cling-film.
- 15 Slice the remaining strawberries and arrange on top. Scatter over the reserved chocolate, slice and serve.
Bit of an odd recipe in my opinion. The almond is very, very subtle and the flavors battle against each other. Overall very disappointing, I would not recommend.😔
- Average per serving
- Calories 450.0kCal