Finely chop the onions. Finely chop the dates. Roughly chop the chestnut mushrooms. Chop the thyme leaves. Beat the eggs.
- 1 Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the onion and fry gently for 8-10 minutes until softened.
- 2 Add the dates and sherry and set aside to cool.
- 3 Heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 4 Add the sausagemeat, breadcrumbs, mushrooms, thyme leaves, egg and half of the bacon to the onion mixture. Season, then mix well with your hands to combine.
- 5 Lightly grease and line one 900g loaf tin per stuffing loaf being made. Spoon the stuffing into the tin and level the top.
- 6 Create a lattice over the top of the stuffing with the remaining bacon, then bake for 30 minutes.
- 7 Increase the heat to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens) and cook for a further 10-15 minutes until the bacon is slightly crispy.
- Average per serving
- Calories 345.0kCal