Mince the garlic cloves. Finely grate the Parmesan.
- 1 Heat up the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- 2 Add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook gently for a minute or two until the garlic is bubbling away and just starting to go golden (don’t let it brown, adjust the heat if you need to).
- 3 Add the breadcrumbs and pan fry altogether (stirring constantly) for 2-3 mins, or until the breadcrumbs are crisp and golden.
- 4 Remove from the heat, and transfer to a bowl.
- 5 Add the parmesan and zest of ½ lemon, and combine well. Set aside.
- 6 Bring a pot of salted water to a boil.
- 7 Add the tenderstem broccoli and cook for 3-4 mins, or until the broccoli is fork tender.
- 8 Drain, and keep warm in an oven on low heat until your eggs are ready (you can warm your serving plates here too).
- 9 To poach your eggs, bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- 10 Add the vinegar, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- 11 Crack the eggs one at a time into a small bowl/ramekin, then gently tip into the water.
- 12 Poach for 3-4 mins, then use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs.
- 13 Transfer onto kitchen towel to drain excess moisture.
- 14 Divide the broccoli evenly between two plates, and squeeze some lemon over the top.
- 15 Place the poached eggs over the broccoli, and finish with chilli-parmesan crumb over the top.
- 16 Serve immediately.
- Average per serving
- Calories 418.0kCal