Choose big leaves only from the baby gem lettuces. Cut into thin strips and peel the cucumber. Peel and cut the carrots into matchsticks. Chop the coriander leaves. Chop the mint leaves. Thinly slice the shallots. Trim the bean sprouts. Finely chop the red chillis. Crush the peanuts.
- 1 Mix together the dressing ingredients in a bowl until fully combined.
- 2 In a separate bowl, mix together the cucumber, carrot, coriander, mint, shallots, bean sprouts, chilli and peanuts.
- 3 Dress the salad and set aside.
- 4 Heat up 1 tbsp olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- 5 Add the meatballs and fry gently until browned all over, and cooked through.
- 6 Just before they are finished cooking, add the sesame seeds to the pan and toss gently to coat the meatballs.
- 7 Transfer to a serving plate, alongside the salad and lettuce leaves (and extra lime wedges, to squeeze).
- 8 Allow guests to assemble their own lettuce cups, filled with salad and meatballs.
- Average per serving
- Calories 505.0kCal