Roughly chop the fresh tarragon. Crush the garlic cloves. Roughly crush the fennel seed. Slice the medium leeks. Roughly chop the kale. Finely slice the radishes.
- 1 Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large frying pan. Add the garlic, fennel seeds and leeks and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until the leeks are just tender.
- 2 Add the kale with a splash of water and cook for 2-3 minutes, until just wilted. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- 3 Cook the barley and lentils (or similar grain mix) according to packet instructions. Fold it into the leek mixture, along with the radishes. Season to taste.
- 4 Whisk the remaining oil with the mustard, balsamic and some seasoning. Stir into the leek mixture along with the tarragon, then set aside.
- 5 Season the salmon fillets and place skin-side down on an oiled grill pan. Grill under a high heat for 3-4 minutes, until the flesh is opaque and cooked through.
- 6 Divide the salad among 4 serving plates and top with the salmon. Serve with lemon wedges.
I love it
Tried this instore at handforth dean after a demo and bought the ingredients. Made it for dinner this evening, but not sure if the tablespoon of Dijon mustard was correct? It was very overpowering, a teaspoon would have been enough I think? Very tasty prior to pouring dressing on!
Delicious flavours and textures, easy to make
Delicious! Also works well with salmon and dill if you can't find trout and tarragon.
- Average per serving
- Calories 513.0kCal