Zest and juice the oranges.
- 1 Place the apricots and raisins in a bowl with the orange zest and juice. Leave to soak for at least 1 hour.
- 2 Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- 3 Fill and boil a kettle of water.
- 4 Spread the bread with the butter then remove and discard the crusts.
- 5 Beat the milk, eggs, sugar and vanilla together.
- 6 Arrange half the bread in a single layer in the base of a large roasting tin, scatter over half the soaked fruit. Repeat with the remaining bread and fruit.
- 7 Pour over the milk and egg mixture and set aside to soak for 10 minutes if time allows. Sprinkle demerara sugar on top.
- 8 Stand the tin in the base of a large roasting tray, pour hot water from the kettle into the tray to come half way up the outside of the pudding tin.
- 9 Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden and the pudding set in the centre. Cover with foil if the top is becoming too brown. Serve warm.
This pudding is SO delicious! A nice change from regular B and B pud. The orange gives it a lovely lift.
Delicious! I added a little Grand Marnier to the orange juice when I soaked the dried fruit
- Average per serving
- Calories 840.0kCal