Halve the shallots. Drain and rinse the tinned butterbeans.
- 1 Put the beef and wine in a large, non-metallic dish. Set aside.
- 2 Heat the oven to 160°C/ 325°F/ gas 3 (140°C for fan ovens).
- 3 Drain the peppers, reserving the oil.
- 4 Heat 1 tbsp reserved oil in a large, flameproof casserole. Add the shallots and fry over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until golden. Remove and set aside.
- 5 Using a slotted spoon, take the beef out of the marinade and pat dry. Dust with the flour and season.
- 6 Add 2 tbsp reserved oil to the casserole, then add the beef and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly, until browned all over.
- 7 Return the shallots to the pan containing the wine. Bring to a simmer, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- 8 Add the stock, cover and cook in the oven for 2 hours until the beef is tender.
- 9 Remove the lid, put the casserole on the hob and bubble over a low heat. Add the peppers and butterbeans and cook for 2 minutes.
- 10 Stir in the spinach and serve with rice.
- Average per serving
- Calories 465.0kCal