Slice the top off the garlic bulbs. Peel, deseed and cut the butternut squash into chunks. Chop the rosemary leaves.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°f/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Toss the squash and garlic bulb in 1 tbsp olive oil, season and roast for 30 minutes.
- 3 Sprinkle over the rosemary and roast for a further 10-15 minutes.
- 4 Meanwhile, use the remaining oil to grease a pan and fry the sausages for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- 5 Lift out the sausages, then add the caramelised onions and flour to the pan and stir for 30 seconds.
- 6 Pour in the stock and bring to a simmer, then return the sausages to the pan.
- 7 Squeeze out the garlic and roughly mash with the butternut squash and butter.
- 8 Serve with the sausages and caramelised onion gravy.
Next time I'll substitute chicken stock, but we liked the dish nevertheless.
Very nice but a little too sweet...will try again with less chutney 👍
Soo good…followed the advice of chicken stock substitute and decrease on chutney and it was epic. I got herby sausages and it complimented the flavour
- Average per serving
- Calories 535.0kCal