Chop the onions. Peel and dice the medium potatoes. Cut the cauliflower into florets. Slice the farmhouse Cheddar.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan, add the onion, then cook for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- 2 Add the potato and cumin seeds, then cover and cook over a low heat for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until the potato has begun to soften.
- 3 Stir in the cauliflower and stock; season and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, then cover and simmer for 15 minutes until the vegetables are tender.
- 4 Remove from the heat. Using an electric hand blender, whizz the soup to a smooth consistency.
- 5 Toast one side of the bread slices under a hot grill until golden. Arrange the cheese on the untoasted side of half of the bread slices. Return them to the grill until golden and bubbling.
- 6 Top with the untoasted sides of the remaining half of the slices. Sandwich together and cut into chunky soldiers.
- 7 Gently reheat the soup and stir in the cream, then serve straight away with the cheese toasties.
- Average per serving
- Calories 540.0kCal