Chop the onions. Cut the butternut squash into 2cm cubes. Chop the fresh flat-leaf parsley. Chop the garlic cloves.
- 1 Heat the oven to 200°C/400°F/gas 6 (180°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Cook the bacon in a large pan over a medium heat until crispy. Remove and set aside.
- 3 Dust the chicken with flour and season. Sear in the oil left from the bacon until brown all over. Set aside.
- 4 Add the onion and garlic, season and cook for 5 minutes.
- 5 Add the vinegar, wine, sultanas and stock, bring to the boil, then return the chicken and bacon to the pan along with the butternut squash.
- 6 Cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the squash is tender.
- 7 Garnish with parsley and serve with fine green beans.
- Average per serving
- Calories 495.0kCal