Crush the garlic cloves. Roughly chop the onions.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan and add the onion and garlic. Cook over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes until softened.
- 2 Stir in the flour, then add the peas, pour in the stock and season.
- 3 Bring to a simmer then cover and cook for 12-14 minutes until the peas are tender. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 4 Meanwhile, toast the almonds under a hot grill for 2-3 minutes until golden.
- 5 Reserve a few to garnish and add the rest to the soup, along with the mint. Blend until smooth.
- 6 Allow to cool completely.
- 7 Transfer to a bowl, cover and chill for 2 hours.
- 8 To serve, ladle the soup into bowls. Garnish with the reserved almonds and some extra mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- Average per serving
- Calories 380.0kCal