Zest the oranges. Soften the butter. Whip the double cream.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens). Butter and line a rectangular 26cm x 16cm x 4cm cake tin with baking paper.
- 2 Spread the hazelnuts over a baking sheet and roast for 10 minutes or until toasted.
- 3 Once cooled, roughly chop or crush, leaving some whole.
- 4 Meanwhile, chop 100g of the chocolate into very small chunks and set aside.
- 5 Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water (the base of the bowl must not touch the water), add the remaining chocolate and leave to melt for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 6 Add the butter to the chocolate and gently beat until thoroughly mixed. Leave to cool a little.
- 7 Turn the oven down to 180°C/ 350°F/gas 4 (160°C for fan ovens).
- 8 In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and vanilla extract until pale and fluffy, then stir in the melted chocolate.
- 9 Add the almonds, hazelnuts, chopped chocolate, orangettes and orange zest, then spoon into the prepared tin.
- 10 Bake for 35-40 minutes or until firm on top with a slight spring to touch.
- 11 Once cooled a little, remove from the tin and leave on a wire rack to cool completely.
- 12 Dust with icing sugar and serve with whipped double cream.
- Average per serving
- Calories 545.0kCal