Slice the ciabatta bread so that there are 2 pieces per serving you plan to make. Peel, stone and halve the avocados. Chop the basil.
- 1 Toast all of the ciabatta slices on both sides until golden.
- 2 Put the avocado flesh into a bowl and add the lemon juice.
- 3 Mash roughly with a fork and season.
- 4 Spread on top of the toasted ciabatta slices and set aside.
- 5 Grill the bacon for 2-5 minutes until crisp, then arrange on top of the avocado.
- 6 Scatter over a handful chopped basil to serve.