Juice the lemons. Chop the onions. Chop the celery. Drain and rinse the tinned chickpeas. Roughly chop the fresh coriander leaves.
- 1 Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over a low heat. Add the chopped onion and celery to the saucepan, then cover and cook gently for 10 minutes until the vegetables are softened but not coloured.
- 2 Increase the heat, add the spices and tomato purée to the pan and cook for a couple of minutes, stirring regularly.
- 3 Tip in the tomatoes along with 190ml water per serving (eg. for 4 servings, use 760ml water), using a little to rinse out the tin.
- 4 Add the lamb bone (and any meat), and season.
- 5 Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour.
- 6 Stir in the chickpeas and lentils, replace the lid and cook for a further 30 minutes.
- 7 Check the seasoning, add the lemon juice then remove the lamb bone and cinnamon stick.
- 8 Serve in bowls garnished with the fresh coriander.
- Average per serving
- Calories 310.0kCal