Grate the Parmesan. Crush the garlic cloves. Remove the tough stalks from the kale.
- 1 Heat the oven to 180°C/160°C fan/gas 4.
- 2 Put the nuts on a baking tray and roast for 10 minutes, or until they just start to brown.
- 3 Remove from the oven and leave to cool, then put in a food processor and blitz to a coarse powder
- 4 Bring a pan of water to the boil.
- 5 Add the kale and cook for 1-2 minutes, or until still bright green but starting to soften.
- 6 Drain well and cool, then squeeze in a clean tea towel to remove excess moisture.
- 7 Put the kale and garlic in a food processor and blitz until almost smooth, but still with a bit of texture.
- 8 Add the nuts and blitz again, then add the olive oil and Parmesan and blitz again quickly.
- 9 Squeeze in lemon juice, to taste
- 10 Season with salt and pepper
- 11 Chill until ready to use (it will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days).
- 12 Delicious served with cooked wholewheat pasta.
- Average per serving
- Calories 70.0kCal