Trim and wash the medium leeks. Beat the eggs.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/170°C fan/gas 5. Slice the leeks lengthways and place in a roasting tin. Add the garlic, thyme, olive oil and balsamic vinegar; season. Roast for 20 minutes.
- 2 Roll out the shortcrust pastry to a 36cm x 28cm rectangle and place on a baking sheet. Reserve a little of the beaten egg for brushing, then beat the rest into the mascarpone.
- 3 Squeeze the flesh from the roasted garlic and stir into the mascarpone. Season to taste.
- 4 Spread the mascarpone mix over the pastry, leaving a 5cm border around the edge. Arrange the leeks on top and fold the pastry up around the edges.
- 5 Brush the pastry with the reserved egg and return to the oven for 30 minutes.
- Average per serving
- Calories 688.0kCal