Crush the garlic cloves. Cut the red onions into wedges. Dice the sweet potatoes into 2cm cubes. Cook the rice. Roughly chop the fresh coriander.
- 1 Heat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas 7 (200°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the sweet potato in a small roasting tin, drizzle with two-thirds of the olive oil and season.
- 3 Roast for 25 minutes, stirring halfway through. Move on to the next step while you wait.
- 4 Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large pan. Add the onion, season, then fry over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
- 5 Stir in the garlic and spices, turn the heat to low and cook for 2 minutes more.
- 6 Add the lentils and water. Bring to the boil, cover with a lid and simmer for 15 minutes until the lentils are tender.
- 7 Serve the dahl with the sweet potato and rice, sprinkled with coriander.
Very tasty! I roasted some of the onion in with the sweet potato.
Adding a knob of butter, vegetable stock and a tsp of Garam Masala makes a huge difference. Very very tasty!
Delicious, quick and nutritious. I added a handful of spinach leaves to the lentil mixture at the end and I also increased the amount of lentils and stock then did without the rice.
One of the most delicious dishes I have found on this app! So good...
- Average per serving
- Calories 640.0kCal