Finely chop the medium red onions. Deseed and finely chop the green chillis. Finely chop the garlic cloves. Drain and rinse the tinned black-eyed beans. Cut the limes into 6 wedges. Chop the fresh coriander.
- 1 Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and cook gently for 5 minutes until beginning to soften.
- 2 Stir in the chilli, garlic, oregano, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- 3 Add the tomatoes and stock, and slowly bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- 4 Add the black-eyed beans and sweetcorn, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 5 Squeeze in the juice from 2 of the lime wedges and stir in half the coriander. Season to taste with salt, black pepper and a little sugar.
- 6 Ladle the soup into bowls, add a dollop of soured cream, then sprinkle over the remaining coriander and a few crushed tortilla chips. Serve with the remaining lime wedges.
- Average per serving
- Calories 260.0kCal