Chop the garlic cloves. Separate the eggs. Remove and retain the leaves from the fresh mint. Shell, cook and cool the peas in pods.
- 1 Heat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas 5 (170°C for fan ovens).
- 2 Put the pork loin in a roasting tin and cook for 1 hour 20 minutes; remove from the oven and set aside.
- 3 To make the pancakes, put the ricotta, milk, flour, baking powder and egg yolks in a large bowl; season. Whisk with an electric beater until smooth.
- 4 Wash the beaters, then, in a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff.
- 5 Roughly chop half the mint and stir into the ricotta mixture, along with half the peas.
- 6 Fold in the egg whites.
- 7 Cook the pancakes in batches of 4. Heat a quarter of the oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Drop in 4 spoonfuls of batter and cook for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden. Transfer the pancakes to a plate and keep warm.
- 8 Repeat, adding more oil to the pan when necessary, so you have 3 pancakes per person.
- 9 Heat the remaining oil in a small pan, add the garlic and remaining peas, and cook gently for 1 minute; set aside.
- 10 Put the pancakes in stacks on serving plates.
- 11 Slice half of the pork loin and arrange on top (store the rest in the fridge and use for sandwiches and salads).
- 12 Scatter over the remaining mint leaves. Serve with the pea and garlic mixture.
- Average per serving
- Calories 478.0kCal