Slice the chestnut mushrooms. Cut the aubergines into 1cm cubes. Cut the peppers into strips. Slice the red onions. Chop the flat-leaf parsley. Cut into 1/2 cm slices the halloumi. Toast the flaked almonds.
- 1 Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the mushrooms, aubergine, pepper and onion to the pan and season with salt and pepper. Cover loosely with a lid and cook for 12-15 minutes, until the veg is soft, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Add the Cook With M&S Moroccan paste, saving 1 tbsp for the halloumi. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 3 Stir in the rice for 4-5 minutes until the rice is piping hot. Mix in the chopped parsley.
- 4 While the veg is cooking, slice and coat the halloumi in 1 tbsp of Cook with M&S Moroccan paste.
- 5 In a separate pan, fry the halloumi, in a tiny splash of oil, for 1 minute on each side until it’s caramelised. Squeeze over 1 tbsp honey and remove from the heat.
- 6 Serve rice and veg in a bowl. Top with halloumi, toasted flaked almonds and extra chopped parsley.
Made this for dinner and the family really enjoyed it
We have cooked this recipe 3 times now all the family love it. I use whole meal microwave rice for delicious nutty flavour
Really tasty dinner and so easy to make. Would definitely make again.
I love halumi this way
I am not a great cook but followed the instructions and it came out fantastic. My critics, the kids and wife, all had raving reviews 🙂
I’ve made this a few times and omg. What a revelation honey glazed halloumi is (no such thing as too much honey in this recipe). Tastes amazing with the rest of the dish and is really really easy to make
A family favourite and easy to do.
Absolutely delicious. We use a whole aubergine, pepper and onion between the two of us. The saltiness of the halloumi and sweetness of the honey are a great match.